The Clemson Downs Property Association Board of Directors is charged with enforcing the covenants and the guidelines. The Board takes this opportunity to thank you, as an owner of rental property(s), for your past cooperation, and to remind you that any changes to the exterior of the structure must be submitted to and pre-approved by the Architectural Review Committee (ARC), and to note the following portions of the Restrictive Covenants. The bylaws and Restrictive Covenants are on the CDPOA website at www.cdpoa.com—About CDPOA–Bylaws and About CDPOA–Restrictive Covenants.
“Section 14 No property owner shall lease or sublet any unit within the subdivision without the prior written consent of the Board; however, said permission to sublet shall not be unreasonably withheld. Any lease agreement shall be for no less than six (6) months or more than twelve (12) months, and then only to a single individual or a single family, unless expressly approved by the Board in writing. Annual renewal of said lease must be approved by the Board in writing. Any such lease agreement shall provide that the terms of the lease are subject in all respects to the provisions of this Declaration and the CDPOA bylaws and that any failure by the lessee to comply with these terms or the rules and regulations in effect is a default under the lease. The owner is held responsible for the payment of CDPOA fees.”
A rental permit issued annually from the City of Clemson is also required. To request permission to lease your property please find the Rental Request form on the CDPOA website and submit it to the Rental Coordinator. The request will be discussed by the CDPOA Board at the regularly held monthly meeting and you will receive the results in writing. Request to lease must be made prior to renting your property, and annually after that if continuing to rent.
Please submit the completed Rental Request form and attach a copy of the lease and a copy of the City of Clemson Rental Housing Business Permit for each property being rented.
Please mail documents to Susan Robinette, CDPOA Rental Property Coordinator, 1016 Keystone Lane, Clemson, SC 29631. You may call Susan at 864-506-5142 with questions.
Non-compliance with rental requirements carries certain penalties. Should an owner fail to follow the rental policies properly the following fines and actions will take place.
- Failure to request to rent a property initially: $25.00 fine.
- Failure to request to rent a property annually: $50.00 fine.
- Failure to produce a lease for a minimum of six months and a maximum of one year: $100.00 per month of non-compliance. After six months of non-compliance, rental approval shall be revoked for a period of one year.
- Failure to produce the City of Clemson permit annually: $100.00 per month of non-compliance. After six months of non-compliance rental approval shall be revoked for one year.
- Failure to maintain the property in a neat and orderly fashion according to Clemson Downs Restrictive Covenants and ARC guidelines: a $50.00 fine per month.
- In addition to the above, the owner will pay any expenses incurred by the POA to accomplish the above actions.