Click Here to download or print
SUBJECT: The following specification is prepared for use by the Architectural Review Committee to bring our community into conformance with the original intent of the developer.
MAILBOX AND POST
Mailbox and post must conform to the specifications indicated in the following drawings.
The mail box post shall be at least 8 inches square (7.5” finished size), treated for underground use and at least six feet long to provide adequate burial depth for strength and proper elevation of the mail box to meet the local Post Office requirements. The top shall be cut to duplicate the current shape of mail box posts (45 degree cut from the front and the back) and painted dark brown or gray with a solid stain, to match the house trim color. See the specifications listed below. All currently installed mail boxes and posts are “grandfathered” until the need for painting, replacement and/or repair are needed at which time this item shall be made to meet these current requirements.
- Post: Treated post shall be 8” x 8” (7.5” finished size) and a minimum of 6’ long.
- Box Supports: Treated 2”x 4” x 20” boards (2)
- Platform: Treated (or cedar) 8”x 12”x ¾” board to go under box supports
- Box Mount: ¾” board (not shown & preferred treated) to go above box supports and to attach box.
- Mail Box: To be black & 12” wide
Installation of the posts may made by a contractor of one’s choice.
Revised July 2017