Click Here to download or print
MAILBOX AND POST
Mailbox and post must conform to the specifications indicated in the following drawings.
The mail box post shall be at least 8 inches square (7.5” finished size), treated for underground use and at least six feet long to provide adequate burial depth for strength and proper elevation of the mail box to meet the local Post Office requirements. The top shall be cut to duplicate the current shape of mail box posts (45 degree cut from the front and the back) and painted dark brown or gray with a solid stain, to match the house siding color. See the specifications listed below. All currently installed mail boxes and posts are “grandfathered” until the need for replacement and/or repair, at which time this item shall be made to meet these current requirements.
- Post: Treated post shall be 8” x 8” (7.5” finished size) and a minimum of 6’ long.
- Box Supports: Treated 2”x 4” x 20” boards (2)
- Platform: Treated (or cedar) 8”x 12”x ¾” board to go under box supports
- Box Mount: ¾” board (treated preferred) to go above box supports for attaching box.
- Mail Box: To be black & 12” wide
Installation of the posts may made by a contractor of one’s choice. The POA landscaper, Southern Customs Landscaping, can acquire posts meeting the requirements above and install the post in accordance with USPS specifications and the drawing above, for a reasonable cost.